Latest News: July 13, 2018
The map above displays the current and upcoming work areas for the Thornton Substation Project. Click on the map to see a larger version.
The following electric substation construction activities are in progress:
- Due to ongoing construction work on the substation site, the sidewalk along the north side of East 119th Avenue, between Holly Street and East 119th Place, will remain closed to pedestrian traffic.
- Beginning as early as July 12, 2018, work will begin within East 119th Avenue on water and storm sewer lines. The current closure of East 119th Avenue is expected to remain in place for the duration of this work which is anticipated to be completed by July 20, 2018.
In the coming weeks, crews will begin work along the east side of Holly Street, north of East 119th Avenue. The sidewalk along the east side of Holly Street, between East 119th Avenue and East 120th Avenue, will be closed during this work and lane closures along Holly Street will be in place.
Fencing around the substation site has been installed to provide a safe environment for the community and for our workers. Only authorized personnel should enter the substation construction site.
Underground Transmission Line and Transition Structures
The following underground transmission line construction activities are in progress:
- Crews are working within Holly Street, north of East 112th Avenue, to install underground vaults. Working hours are from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. and lane closures and traffic control will be in place 24 hours a day in the work zone. As the construction progresses, work areas will continue north toward East 119th Avenue. Restricted access or closures on the following roads will be required during construction: East 113th Avenue, East 115th Avenue, East 117th Avenue and East 119th Avenue. Two access points to the neighborhood will remain open, but these accesses will shift as construction progresses along Holly Street.
- Sidewalks next to the work areas along Holly Street, north of East 112th Avenue, will close during construction. Signs will be in place to direct pedestrians to the appropriate detour routes.
- On June 27, 2018, a full closure of East 119th Avenue, between Holly Street and East 119th Place, began and is anticipated to remain in place until July 20, 2018. The closure will be in effect 24 hours a day during this time period.
- During the East 119th Avenue construction activities, the sidewalk along the north side of East 119th Avenue, between Holly Street and East 119th Place, will remain closed to pedestrian traffic. The sidewalk along the south side of East 119th Avenue is planned to remain open during construction.
In the coming weeks, crews will begin work in East 112th Avenue, between Holly Street and Riverdale Road, and work will continue within Holly Street north of East 112th Avenue.
This webpage will be updated as additional information regarding these construction activities is available.
For your safety and the safety of the workers, please respect work areas, follow all directions on signs and obey traffic flaggers.
If you have any questions or concerns about our construction, please email us at email@example.com or call our project hotline at 844-551-6281. To receive email updates, subscribe to the Thornton Substation email list.
Please note that construction schedules are subject to change.